Enter Flamagra – a work that sweeps up every quantum advance and creative leap of the last dozen years of Lotus’ career and takes them even further.
Drawing the lines between the galaxies of funk, global dance music, hip-hop, IDM, jazz, soul, tribal polyrhythms and the beat scene of his hometown LA, Lotus creates a universe that is uniquely his own.
Flamagra spans a very generous 27 tracks, and boasts a long list of prominent collaborators, new and old: Anderson .Paak, George Clinton, Little Dragon, Tierra Whack, Denzel Curry, David Lynch, Shabazz Palaces, Thundercat, Toro y Moi and Solange.
An afrofuturist masterpiece of startling originality.
Hold tight, Fire is Coming.
“I’d been working on stuff for the past five years, but it was always all over the place. I’d always had this thematic idea in mind – a lingering concept about fire, an eternal flame sitting on a hill,” Lotus says. “Some people love it, some people hate it. Some people would go on dates there and some people would burn love letters in the fire.”
2. Post Requisite
3. Heroes In A Half Shell
4. More feat. Anderson .Paak
6. Burning Down The House feat. George Clinton
7. Spontaneous feat. Little Dragon
9. Pilgrim Side Eye
10. All Spies
11. Yellow Belly feat. Tierra Whack
12. Black Balloons Reprise feat. Denzel Curry
13. Fire Is Coming feat. David Lynch
14. Inside Your Home
15. Actually Virtual feat. Shabazz Palaces
17. Remind U
18. Say Something
19. Debbie Is Depressed
20. Find Your Own Way Home
21. The Climb feat. Thundercat
23. 9 Carrots feat. Toro y Moi
25. Land Of Honey feat. Solange
26. Thank U Malcolm
27. Hot Oct.