AE Fond Kiss - A Dunedin Celebration of Robbie Burns (1759-1796)
Zelle Records released an LP dedicated to the great Scottish bard Robert Burns (1759-1796) whose statue in the Octagon is one of Dunedin’s most prominent landmarks and whose nephew Thomas Burns (1796-1871) was one of the founding fathers of Dunedin, the “Edinburgh of the South”.
Robert Burns not only created wonderful poetry, he also wrote next to 200 songs and set them to music. The reactions to our initial summoning call in the spring of 2014 were overwhelmingly positive, and the album, was released in November 2015.
A compilation of tracks by 14 artists with Dunedin affiliations, each of whom set a poem by Scottish bard Robbie Burns to music, artists include Robert Scott (Clean, Bats etc), David Mitchell (3Ds), Bill Direen, Cookie Brooklyn and the Crumbs, Mark Sharma, Eden Smith and more.
1. Eden Smith: A Man’s A Man For A’ That
2. Matt Langley: To Ruin
3. Cookie Brooklyn and the Crumbs: Beware of Bonnie Anne
4. David Mitchell: Rocket Ship Caledonian
5. Darryl Baser: The Wild Mountain Side
6. Bill Direen: There's a Youth in this City
7. Seafog: Ae Fond Kiss
8. The Maitlands: Sweetest May
9. The David Lynch Mob: O Wert Thou In the Could Blast
10. Robert Scott: Green Grow the Rashes O
11. Baa Baa and the Black Sheep: Death and the Dying words of Poor Mailie
12. AJ Sharma: To Ruin
13. Hamish & David Kilgour: The Collected Complete Works of Robbie Burns
14. Rosa, Rachel and Chelsea: My Love is Like a Red Red Rose